private messages

Discussion in 'Website Announcements, Feedback, Issues, & Guides' started by Kristina, Dec 18, 2007.

1. Kristina

Kristina Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2007
    South Louisiana
    Is there any way to make it more obvious that we have private messages? Like a little obnoxious envelope dancing around or something? LOL I often don't see that I have new messages and I know some of the people that I send pm's to have this happen. I know that it says we have a new message but i find it very unnoticable Or am i way out in left field over here. [​IMG]

2. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

What a GREAT idea........a dancing envelope........I do the same thing, been trying to train myself to look up in the corner !

3. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    Same thing with me I don't notice it. The other board I'm on has a pop up window that lets you know when you have new messages which is nice. Maybe they can find a way to get something like that. Or Color the new message link in red or some other more bold noticeable color.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2007
  4. jeaucamom

jeaucamom Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2007
    Ophir, CA
    Yeah, I find that when I am expecting a response I am apt to look up there more often, but still don't see it all the time. And when someone PMs me (without it being a reply) I often don't notice for a while. Something more obvious would be great!!

5. TxChiknRanchers

TxChiknRanchers Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2007
    Southeast Texas
    Yea and maybe a boot that would come out an kick folks in the behind to remind them to clean their pm box so they could get one!!! Iwont mention any names but their initials are ScrambledEGG ! [​IMG]
    Randy

6. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    Did I hear my name mentioned??!!!! Too funny, I deleted them all, did not know we had a limit, just too chatty for my own good I guess!! LOL!!! I like the dancing envelope, tell Rob (Nifty-Chicken), he can probably make it happen. [​IMG] Randy, I am the one on vacation this week, you better get to farmin or I'ma tell Brenda!!!! [​IMG]

7. TransplantedTexan

TransplantedTexan Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2007
    Bear Creek, Wi
    How about a loud rooster crowing? Or a dancing chicken instead of an envelope?

8. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    On a car forum I'm on we have a little box that blinks yellow like the "post reply" button at the bottom of this post.

9. FutureChickenMan

FutureChickenMan Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 29, 2007
    Most PHP forums support a "pop up" when you hit the main page saying "You have # new message(s)"

I checked the profile settings and didn't see any way to enable it so I'm guessing Nifty hasn't added that functionality yet.

link to information on adding message notification: http://punbb.org/forums/search.php?search_id=818405318

10. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    I would like it if we could delete all the old messages at once instead of having to go through and delete each one, one at a time.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by