Private Messages

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by peepsnh, Sep 15, 2008.

1. peepsnh

peepsnh New Egg

Jun 1, 2008
    Is there a way for me to block our 13 year ols Private Message privelages?
    Also is there a way to can a recent lof update when she uses the forum/chat?
    Thanks
    [email protected]

2. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Great questions!

PM: The only way to block PM's is if a PM box is full. In a future version we hope to allow members to choose to / not to receive PM's, but in the interim we suggest members that do not want to have PM's simply just avoid that feature.

For notification of the use of forum or chat: Unfortunately those don't exist, but you can always see a history of a member's posts by going into their profile and/or searching for posts made by them.

3. PurpleChicken

PurpleChicken Tolerated.....Mostly

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    BYC is a very child safe net destination. There are many parents like myself
    with children who are also members.

With that said your best option would be to install software to monitor your
    13 year old.

http://www.netnanny.com/ is a good one.

4. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Another option is to put the computer out in a room where you can monitor them while they are on.

5. Anny

Anny Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    Detroit Michigan
    I second putting the computer in a room that is very public. They are less likely to be doing something wrongif they think they will get caught.

over all those this website it very family friendly.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by