Privett Hatchery

Quote:
But aren't Privett the ones who sex bantams? That is another reason I am interested!

No, that is Meyer.

Quote:
At WHAT feed stores? Can you get a price list any other way?

Slash d Three in portales has a price list, but its the only one they have, but those guys are so nice and helpful, and I just like going there to do all my business.
I hope o order today....I need to take the catalog back, like now....

ok

I placed my order, i will be getting my chicks from privetts, through the local feed store.

I talked to very nice and informative Gentleman who help me understand how the hatchery runs. They do not offer catalogs anymore because they didn't feel the catalogs were effective for the hatchery, plus its been so busy the haven't had a chance to do lot of marketing.
I suppose if they are so busy providing chicks for all the hatcheries and feed store, that must means thier business is doing really well.
He did inform me that they are trying really hard to get thier website revised and up to date this year.

The Privett Hatchery take great care in maintianing the health of thier flock. For biosecurity reasons, there are no visitors to the hatchery, because most people who want to visit, own poultry of thier own. Even the employees are not allowed to own poultry. It gives me great comfort in know the strides they take to ensure that I will have a healthy bird. Throughout my life, My family has recieve our poultry from the Privetts, and I never recall having and chicks/chickens with health problems. We have always adored our chickens, because they always thrived.

My main reason for getting chickens is for pets, to supply my family with farm fresh eggs, and to fufull my deep need to be raising something farm relatated. i can't have a cow in town, but i sure can have chickens! I would like to have exhibition chickens, and most chickens that get blue ribbons at our county fair come from Privetts. I may have my daughters try thier hand at showing one of the hens or a roo we are getting. But mostly I do it cause its fun its fun!

I am really proud that our local hatchery is supplying you guys with all of your beloved pets!

nancy

I called privett 3 times in the past few weeks and they've answered after the first couple of rings. One lady was very nice and one was a bit "off" but not rude. Our 4-H chickens and my layers came from them and I'm fixing to get some more meaties. Those are coming through the feed store though because I only want 10- not the 25 min order.

Quote:
My experience with them was just the opposite. Nicest customer service I've ever talked to. Sent me the flyer and price list right away. Got about 70 healthy chicks from them last year and when I had a question about one of the breeds a few days ago the girl went and got one of the yard men to go and check the breeding stock while I was on hold. I would definately order from them again .....if my DH gets over banning me from more chickens.

Quote:
I also had way too many roosters when I bought pullets, also through a feed store. Many locals here had the same experience. I suspect that Privett may pad the pullet order with more boys when they ship to a feed store to increase the profit margin. By doing this on a feed store order they help hide their identity. My local feed store could care less because their policy is for customers bring back roosters, give them back to the feed store in exchange for a new baby chick, then they sell the roosters and make another profit without having to raise them.

I must say this makes me unhappy to hear! I bought 6 Privett "pullets" from my feedstore yesterday. All three of the feedstores around here use Privett.

Back
Top Bottom