Privett Hatchery

We just got our second Roo with a third arriving tomorrow, my husband is FREAKIN' out about the noise we are going to have.
smile.png

Quote:
HECK ! That ain't no noise!

He orta hafta put up with a BIG, ENERGETIC, Boxer Dog thets needin' ta go outside fer a Nature Call about 5 AM.

Now...thet-thar is NOISE !!! (It'll WAKE the DEAD !!!)
yippiechickie.gif

but, I 'preciate his fine attitude....st's better'n wakin' up to a PILE of FERTILIZER ...in the house!

fine gentleman..thet-thar dog...but NOISY !!!

HECK, like I said...there ain't no Rooster thet'll make thet kinda racket !!!

(an..fer shore..thet-thar Rooster ain't likely to pull the covers off'n the bed !)
barnie.gif

-Junkmanme-
old.gif
wink.png

Hee Hee, my hubby puts up with a lot. We breed mini aussies, mini cows, mini horses, chickens, ducks, and rabbits. I just finally am getting the breeds I want vs the kids. We have an ancient bantam cochin roo, who hardly has crowed his whole little life until I brought home the new roo, now he won't shut up!!
smile.png
It reminds of the movie Babe where the rooster and the duck square off for the morning crowing. I think our old roo thinks he is being replaced.
smile.png

Quote:
Ha-Ha !!!

Reminds me of an ole story 'bout a Farmer that used his shotgun to kill the 3rd NEW YOUNG Rooster that he had bought to replace his OLD (crafty) rooster.

I WON'T tell the story HERE...because it is not "Politically Acceptable"....(hogwash)....

But, it is a FUNNY story!
lau.gif

I reckon thet we'uns which may be a tad "older" than some....can "hold our own" when the goin' gets tough. (Experience)

Always remember: Age and Deceit....will "out-do"...Youth and Vigor....every time !!!

Ha-Ha !!!
-Junkmanme-
old.gif

Well the rooster saga is unfolding!! We have a 7 yr old bantam cochin roo, now the BLRW Roo and the big boy arrived yesterday, the brahma roo. Wow, our old roo starting crowing again when we brought home the BLRW roo. Now this am at 6:00 the CR started crowing and crowed for about an hour straight, then at 7, the BLRW roo started crowing with occasionally the CR roo pitching in, THEN the BR started putting in his two cents and it is more like a deep, Gosh, I don't even know how to describe it. My husband rolls over and says I Guess you better start building some Rooster boxes Dear.

ACKKKK

Quote:
Thet's jest cause they're "Western Chickens".
wink.png
yippiechickie.gif

We grow 'em "Rough and Tough" out hyar in the "Badlands of New Mexico" !
lol.png
celebrate.gif

Ha-Ha !!!
lol.png
wink.png

-Junkmanme-
old.gif

yuckyuck.gif

Our LOCAL feedstores HERE in Gallup, New Mexico get their inventory of "day-old chicks" from Privett Hatchery in Portales, New Mexico. I have bought chicks from 2 different feedstores HERE ( both supplied by Privett Hatchery ).

ALL of the chicks that I have purchased in this manner have been GREAT birds.....( I do not DO "show quality"...but probably could have tried with these birds.)

just MY experiences.....

I WILL SAY that it is apparent that Privett Hatchery is NOT "up-to-date" on Internet Marketing....their "website" is TRASH..!!!

I really believe that their archaic "focus" is on supplying feedstores...and they are NOT well-experienced in Retail Marketing to the "end-user" ( us Backyard Chicken "Nuts" ).

I suspect that THIS is WHY they have a somewhat "poor" REPUTATION amongst folks who buy DIRECT from the Hatcheries....

my opinion and experiences...
-Junkmanme-

Back
Top Bottom