Problem duck- advice please on ailments! 🦆

Or give her time to recoup and see how she is doing then. @TheNightOwl11 you can also try using Calcium Gluconate for soft shell and other egg shell issues even egg bound. TSC carries it 1 ml daily

I will look into that for sure 😊
We'll see how she fairs and if she gets any better being separated from the drake and try what you suggested, if that doesn't work maybe a couple more ducks. The reason we didn't look into that before now is because she's been absolutely fine in the last couple of years it just seems this year is taking a much bigger toll. Advice is very much appreciated thank you 😊

Right, but reproductive issues might mean the options are hormone implant, kill her or wait intill she gets egg bound and suffers to death. So maybe geting a bunch of females is not the only option. I'm not saying she does not need a break, clearly that's part of the issue. Its also pretty clear she has a larger reproductive issue that is likely fatal eventually.

And if that doesn't work a vet trip. I'm definitely not giving up on her and I just want to find ways to let her live her happy life again and I don't want to let her suffer 😕

I've got things I can try to help her now so fingers crossed 🤞🏻

Well if it works I'll be sure to do the neighbours a lovely egg basket to keep them sweet 😅
They like the ducks for the most part, just the odd days where my female doesn't shut up because the winds a bit too breezy or the sky is blue and she's letting me know 😂

Right, but reproductive issues might mean the options are hormone implant, kill her or wait intill she gets egg bound and suffers to death. So maybe geting a bunch of females is not the only option. I'm not saying she does not need a break, clearly that's part of the issue. Its also pretty clear she has a larger reproductive issue that is likely fatal eventually.
Geeze, aren't you just the major "Debbie Downer"! It does not mean that this duck is "LIKELY" due to die eventually! I'm betting that most of the time that does NOT have to be the outcome which is why we try to help others solve the problem before that happens!

My ducks have laid some stuff way worse/weird looking than that egg and they are fine. Sometimes there is a glitch in their little egg factory and weird things come out but not a need to promote doom and gloom!

I'd listen to @Miss Lydia and take her advice which is the same that I'd give you!

If your duck throws a soft shell or odd egg every once in a while it will be ok. If your duck has been throwing soft shells and weird eggs for 3 months streight you have a serious problem. Maybe i didnt read that right. :idunno

Back
Top Bottom