Problem uploading pictures?

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by becstalls, Nov 19, 2010.

1. becstalls

becstalls Out Of The Brooder

May 22, 2010
    Is anyone else having problem uploading pictures? I wasn't having any problem doing it, but for the past week or so I click the submit button, and it starts to upload but then just quits. [​IMG]

2. can you hear me now?

can you hear me now? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    Southwest Missouri
    No sorry, just uploaded this avatar photo last night. Was from my phone I uploaded though.

3. jrsqlc

jrsqlc Obsessed with Peafowl

Dec 22, 2009
    Northwest Ohio
    I uploaded a few pics earlier and upload was so sloow i thought i had dial up again!!! [​IMG]

4. Buttercup Chillin

Buttercup Chillin Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2008
    SouthEast TX
    I just tried to upload a pic and told me it wasn't a jpeg and it is. So will try later.

See it works once you complain about it. Got it this time. [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 20, 2010
  5. can you hear me now?

can you hear me now? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    Southwest Missouri
    Hope it worked.

6. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

We've had members report problems with images uploaded from a few very specific cell phone models which save the images as JPG, but they are actually a different format. Try using another program to open the image, resize it to about 800 pixels wide, then save as a JPG and try to upload it.

BTW, my FAVORITE and FREE program for image manipulation (resizing, printing, simple editing) is this one: http://www.irfanview.com/

(been
    using it for 11 years).

7. henney

henney Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 9, 2008
    Reno Nevada
    I can upload ok but can't copy and paste. I highlighted the image and right click on the mouse, my little menu didn't come up with copy. Am I doing this right?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by