Problem with chicks leg, neurological issue?

I have no idea if she will get better. It sounds like you have a lot of chickens. What do you do with them all?
Ok.
I do have a lot of chickens! :D I raise Bielefelders for breeding, approximately 20 for fun/colorful layers, 30 pullets for eggs to sell, occasional cockerels for meat, approximately 12 English Orp chicks for breeding, a few BCM chicks for breeding, 6 Ayam Cemanis for breeding, and a ton of mixed breed chicks for meat/selling. I’m experimenting with crossing Bielefelders and Black Australorps for meat. So far it looks promising! I also have 8 guineas. It’s a lot to do lol! Keeps me busy. I hatch almost all of my chicks.

This is one of my experimental 9 wk old Bielefelder/Australorp cross:
6C1F14B1-A906-488E-801A-3B0863CEBDF6.jpeg

He’s much more ‘hefty’ than the purebred Australorp cockerel.

So, I've had her in a padded container for the past two days, it'a easier for her to stand in there. I'll get a picture later.
I was doing some research on traumatic paralysis, and I found some info on paralysis. Could her neurological issue be partial paralysis, and maybe nerve damage from an injury? There was still a turner in my incubator, could that have injured her? I heard if it is nerve damage, there's a chance it might heal? I'm grasping at straws here, but I'm hoping the neurological issue isn't permanent. @Eggcessive

Sorry I didn’t update sooner! I just wanted to let you all know that I found a new home for her. That person works from home, and has more time to work with her than I did. She said she likes to take in disabled chickens, and see if she can help them. I’m sad I had to rehome her, but it was for the best. Thank you all for your help and support!

Back
Top Bottom