Problem with rooster

Thank you! 😊
You're welcome. It's definitely a comb type I like.
20201224_154604.jpg

I would agree that it looks likenyour rooster has dry fowl pox. It is a virus spread by mosquitoes, lasts about 3 weeks, and there is no treatment required. When scabs are near eyes I usually recommend putting a small dab of Terramycin eye ointment or plain Neosporin ointment into the eye twice a day to help prevent secondary infection in the eyes.

good luck with your rooster. I know the worry of have a sick bird that you have had as a chick .well my bird was just 3/4 of the way crimpled she got stuck behind the nesting box and we could not find her but the other chickens did she was only 4 months old😭😭

Last edited:
I would separate him until it passes so the others wont get sick or as many as you can save from getting sick. my moms a vet I texted her and that's what she told me would be a good idea

I would agree that it looks likenyour rooster has dry fowl pox. It is a virus spread by mosquitoes, lasts about 3 weeks, and there is no treatment required. When scabs are near eyes I usually recommend putting a small dab of Terramycin eye ointment or plain Neosporin ointment into the eye twice a day to help prevent secondary infection in the eyes.
Thank you for the information

good luck with your rooster. I know the worry of have a sick bird that you have had as a chick .well my bird was just 3/4 off the way crimpled she got stuck behind the nesting box and we could not find her but the other chickens did she was only 4 months old😭😭
sorry to hear that 😞

Back
Top Bottom