Problem with Site - Not Sure Why

Great info, thanks!

We'll keep looking into it, but as you pointed out, duplication will be the most important thing for our tech team. I'm wondering if it is somehow related to an ad, or ad tracking on the site since it only happens on the first ad load.

So, just to be clear, when you come to BYC you are immediately redirected to another site without clicking anything else?

So, just to be clear, when you come to BYC you are immediately redirected to another site without clicking anything else?

That's correct. It seems to be java/flash related, so I would hazard that there is a high probability that it is one of the adverts, yes. However, I'm not positive.

I seem to have more success getting the problem to occur if I attempt to click on the scroll bar and scroll before the page completes its load. I'm wondering if that is because I'm actually clicking the edge of an advert rather than the scroll bar? Things to ponder. **grins**

I'll try to get some better/more detailed information for you on it. But, it seems that it's pretty much isolated to my environments...odd - but, I'm used to oddities surrounding me. :)

What's your computer resolution set to? The site is designed for 1024 width screens which should provide a little buffer on the side of the ads before the scrollbar. If your screen resolution is less wide, then you may be spot on to what is happening!

What's your computer resolution set to? The site is designed for 1024 width screens which should provide a little buffer on the side of the ads before the scrollbar. If your screen resolution is less wide, then you may be spot on to what is happening!

My resolution on all my monitors is 1920 x 1080. However, I don't always have my browser window open all the way (regularly don't because I have so much going on on my machines)...so, I don't always have the buffer between the bar and the adverts. I'll run full screen the next few days and see what happens
smile.png

What is this big search bar at the bottom of my screen? It's really a big bother and I don't like it. Make it go away.

It pops up every time I go to a new thread and click it to open to read.

Can you take a screenshot so we can see what you see? We've not received any other notifications or reports of a big search bar. Try another browser, and if it isn't still there then you may have a plugin toolbar on that browser.

Well it won't let me do that and I only get this when I'm on BYC. Everything on it is chicken related. It says "Related Serarch". Don't know what to do.

It sure sounds like a browser "helper". I don't see search bars on BYC at all except for the singular one at the top that looks like this:

BTW, Nifty-Chicken, so far, running my browser full screen - no broken link issue happening at all.

It had to have been one of the adverts was getting clicked when I went to scroll during page load. Now I'm curious which one.
gig.gif

BYC has not been user-friendly since their "upgrade" 13 months ago. Good luck to you. You will hit the "Back" button anywhere between 10 and 40 times to go back to the previous page since this happened. They are more concerned with collecting funds from their Googleads than from the users that have supported this site for many, many years.

The best thing you can do is to click on the drop-down menu to find the thread you had been on previously to continue reading messages. Otherwise, you will spend more time hitting the "back" button than you do actually reading or responding to any messages on this site.

It's been very frustrating for those of us who used to support this site.

Back
Top Bottom