Problems incubating duck eggs. Help

Here's my little "bator" the temperature gauge is sitting right next to the eggs
20180511_195413.jpg
20180511_195350.jpg

Are you opening any of your eggs after they've died? Sometimes this can give clues as to where your problems may be
So that's a whole nother story, I did a little experiment, 4 eggs were unwashed, 6 of them were washed and sanitized with hydrogen peroxide, after seeing a man on YouTube wash and sanitize them. He said he has 100% hatch rating in a homemade incubator..... so the first 4 I lost were the unwashed eggs. One was a dud. And the next 3 all had infection. There was mold growing in between the egg shell and membrane on the inside. So I thought well I just gonna have to wash and sanitize them all. But then I lost a washed one. :th there was no evidence of anything in that one. All the little ducks are not malformed either.

No they are laying on there sideways. And I'm turning them to the other side. Is this wrong? I assumed that was the way to do it after seeing people put x and o on opposite sides of egg

Nope you are correct. I just couldn't tell from the pic. I was hoping you weren't placing the pointy end up every other turn. :p
Sorry...

Back
Top Bottom