Problems Uploading Pics with iOS 8

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by dsbailey70, Sep 21, 2014.

1. dsbailey70

dsbailey70 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2014
    Nederland, Texas
    Is anyone else unable to, or having a lot of trouble uploading pics from iOS 8? I've tried for almost 20 minutes, on another forum, with no luck at all. For right now, iPhones with iOS 8 can't upload pics to facebook; they claim that they're working on it.

2. boomchicken

boomchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    I can't upload images to BYC from my iPad after upgrading to iOS 8.

After selecting Upload File, it says uploading 1 of 1 and then quits with:

Some images failed to upload:
    image.jpg - {error}

You can try re-selecting and uploading again.

3. dsbailey70

Jul 7, 2014
    Nederland, Texas
    Doesn't do any good; I've tried so many times I lost count. On my phone, it looks like the pic is uploading, but when the page refreshes, there's nothing there. No error messages show up either.

4. boomchicken

Mar 31, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Apparently it's a bug with safari and iOS 8 that was seen in beta and is still in the release version. Some are saying uploads work if you launch the website as a home screen app but I'm not seeing this work from my iPad. Supposedly Chrome on iOS 8 works fine. Not BYC's issue.

5. boomchicken

Mar 31, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    I think you're not getting any error message because you're using the mobile site, which I just tried. I'm using the desktop site and it gives me that message in the red text I typed in my previous entry.

I'm not desperate enough to install Chrome just yet.

6. dsbailey70

Jul 7, 2014
    Nederland, Texas
    Me either. It's Rotten Apple's problem. They've gotten too full of themselves, and I think have forgotten that its customers are what's most important. It's a pain in the vent (bock bock...lol) right now, but I can wait. Will try from my tablet later. [​IMG]

7. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Oh god I've just updated my iPad with iOS 8 and now it won't upload any pics :he Any tips on what I can do? I'm not getting error message its just not doing anything !! Wish I had just left it as it was :barnie

8. dsbailey70

Jul 7, 2014
    Nederland, Texas
    It's apple's problem, I'm having it too. If you try with the web version, still won't work for now. You won't be ableto upload to fb either. Unfortunately we'll have to wait for a patch. Idk if they care, but Apple has been made aware. [​IMG]

9. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Thanks I hope they sort it soon. My whole iPad has been pants since I did this update it's slow, doing what ever it pleases when it pleases, typing slow then all of a sudden catching up. What a nightmare.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2014
  10. dsbailey70

Jul 7, 2014
    Nederland, Texas
    You're welcome. I've had the same problem. If you get a freeze, try to wait it out, or your browser might just poop a shelless egg...lol Hopefully they'll catch up with fixes soon.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2014

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by