Problems with neighbors

Hmmmm, back in the old days a few neighbors would take the troublemaker out behind the barn and have a very vigorous "discussion" with him. Usually that took care of the problem. People like your neighbor are nothing but taking up oxygen and space better used by others. I would tell the officers what has been going on and yes, get that "info red" camera.
Slinky

I have dealt with someone like this before and the best advice I can give is first off get an attorney someone that can be your record keeper. Then everything let me repeat that EVERYTHING goes in writing. He complains you answer in writing on such and such day you brought this to my attention and we did xyz to correct the problem. If your critters are on his property he has the right to complain. He does not have the right to harass you. Also, every time the SO comes out make them write a report and then get a copy of that. If there is a follow up issue make them attach that to the original report. Document and document some more. If he puts up a fence take pictures date them or better yet video tape it. Then if he takes the fence down document again. I know you want to be nice and you can very well be nice but document while being nice. This does a couple of things in your favor first when the SO comes out bring out the file. It shows them he complains you respond and it will start to show a pattern. Second off if you should decide to sue him for harassment your case is already built. The biggest mistake people make is they do not document properly and they do not report things they should report. Also, when he starts getting certified letters from you he will start to get nervous that is just the way people are. Cameras are a great idea too. If he starts a pattern of harassment a good strong letter from an attorney can change everything especially if it is filled with dates of incidents.

I agree with bestchicks, you must keep clear records of every incident and report them. Also, check what the law in your particular area says about fencing. For example, here the law says that owners of livestock must take reasonable care to keep their animals in. However, people who do not want animals on their land have to take reasonable care to keep them out. Is the boundary fencing yours or his? if you have put a boundary fence up and there is another boundary outside of this, then he may be just as liable. Throwing fireworks etc. at animals is surely an offence, it is here and carries a prison sentence!Cameras would be great.

Back
Top Bottom