Problems with reply box editor in Chrome

Discussion in 'Website Announcements, Feedback, Issues, & Guides' started by lalaland, Aug 28, 2013.

1. lalaland

lalaland Crowing

Sep 26, 2008
    Pine County MN
    I've been having problems for a couple of weeks now with posts - I have chrome, on a chrome book -
    sometimes the "multipost" button has vanished.
    most of the time, the tool bar with the fonts, the smilies, the pic icon to post pics is totally missing.
    I can't add any space lines to the post - it is all one giant continuous paragraph.
    I can't quote half the time.

right now, I am really frustrated because i cant post a pic.

edited to add: each previous sentence was written so it had one line. new sentence, new line. you can see how it turns out all run together.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
  2. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member 11 Years

I also using Chrome on a Chromebook but haven't had problems. Can you try clearing out your cache and see if that helps?

3. Bens-Hens

Bens-Hens Songster

Hi,I hope this is the correct thread to report my issue.

For some time I have had a browser posting issue, but the past couple of days it has been getting more frequent.

The error I have had to begin with was being able to type, but not post as a pop up occurred saying something along the line of "you most add text before posting", even when there was text visible. The text box tool bar was also missing. I have not been able to capture that pop up with a screen shot.

How ever, more often lately, the reply box is greyed out like below. I took me 12 page refreshes and two browser closes until I had the text box and tool bar back just to post this post!
    [​IMG]

I try to use the full page editor and that give the same result.
    [​IMG]

After some time, I randomly got the right text box and tool bar to report this.
    [​IMG]

I am using Chrome as a browser and do not have this issue on any other forums I frequent. Not sure if anyone else is having the same fault either but some help to get me back on track would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Ben

4. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member 11 Years

Which version of Chrome are you both using?

(btw, I moved these both here into a new thread since they seem related)

5. Imachicklvr2

Imachicklvr2 In the Brooder

May 27, 2013
    Missouri
    Woo Hooo!!! I was having the exact same problem with Chrome. I logged out of BYC, did a system cleanup and restarted my computer and I finally got the normal screen with the toolbar on it to come up. I haven't been able to post anything for a couple of weeks but have been too lazy to figure out why until tonight when I typed out a long post only to have it say "need to add test" or something along those lines. So frustrating! Now, let's hope it stays fixed[​IMG]

6. bdfive

bdfive Songster 8 Years

Jul 11, 2010
    South of Blanco, TX
    I'm so frustrated. Have been working for hours and finally can post but still don't have the toolbar so I can post pictures. Ugh!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: