Procaine penicillin G orally instead of a shot

can I give anything for pain? She tore the webbing on her foot and is not using it at all. This injury happened a week ago. I cleaned it kept her confined and it was looking great and she was using it. Now she’s been out with the flock for 2 days and it’s not looking good. I can’t find a vet anywhere here that sees ducks. If you can think of anything else i should be doing or giving I’d appreciate the advice.

can I give anything for pain? She tore the webbing on her foot and is not using it at all. This injury happened a week ago. I cleaned it kept her confined and it was looking great and she was using it. Now she’s been out with the flock for 2 days and it’s not looking good. I can’t find a vet anywhere here that sees ducks. If you can think of anything else i should be doing or giving I’d appreciate the advice.
Can you upload a video of her walking to YouTube or Vimeo then copy and paste the link here? Can you also post some pictures of her injury?

Honestly, I’ve done it and it does seem to help. However, you have to be careful on how much you actually give to the bird. Injecting the bird works more quickly as it goes through the veins, however, it can also be a bit more dangerous if you hit the wrong part of the bird and it can cause them to die, especially if you are trying in the chest area.

Besides giving it to the bird via a syringe in the mouth, you can put some of the material inside the bumble wound to work. The shelf life when exposed to the air is shorter lived, but long term it can help and cause less distress when the bumble infection is very bad and the bumble is puss or stringy.

Back
Top Bottom