Processing Day Support Group ~ HELP us through the Emotions PLEASE!

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by Sally Sunshine, Apr 14, 2013.

1. BirdbyGavin1103

BirdbyGavin1103 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2013
    Bloomsburg PA
    Thank you for sharing!! Sounds delicious, I'm looking forward to giving it a try.

2. Chambertin

Chambertin Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2012
    Funabashi Japan
    My Coop
    If you have the info that would be great.
    I was literally chased out of the house today. Calling the police with all kinds of fake stories and ********.
    Standing my ground was an option, but in China the person who is right depends on anything but facts. If you have a louder voice and more people screaming for your team you win.
    Lovely country, I wont ever be going back.

Sitting in the airport after blowing another thousand to get home.
    Maybe I should have got a hotel and waited, but I want to get back to a real country.
    Plus who knows what they would have had time to come up with if I had stuck in around.

I want to try to build a very pretty meat bird so eating the roosters feels special (and a little sad).
    Plus I just want to play with how the dark gene works. Any info on large Silkies woudl be awesome.
    From there I need to find another really dark gene bird. I think the novelty of black meat will catch on soon.

3. Kassaundra

Kassaundra Sonic screwdrivers are cool!

Sep 1, 2010
    Henryetta
    Took me a while to find her, her byc name is shadowpaints, she hasn't been on byc in quite a while, but her personal page has a link to her web page. The last time I pm'ed her she said her roos were getting to 10 lbs at 6ish moths old I believe. She said she had good dark skin color and good comb conformation and was working on better leg feathering, but that was some time ago.

4. Kassaundra

Kassaundra Sonic screwdrivers are cool!

Sep 1, 2010
    Henryetta
    Took me a while to find her, her byc name is shadowpaints, she hasn't been on byc in quite a while, but her personal page has a link to her web page. The last time I pm'ed her she said her roos were getting to 10 lbs at 6ish moths old I believe. She said she had good dark skin color and good comb conformation and was working on better leg feathering, but that was some time ago.

5. ronott1

ronott1 Daily Digest Guru Premium Member Project Manager

Mar 31, 2011
    Woodland, California
    My Coop
    I can't wait to see what you come up with here in the US!

[​IMG] I am sending safe travel wishes your way.

6. KrazyChromatics

KrazyChromatics Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2013
    Northern NY
    whata your idea of a big silkie? i was given 2 silkie roos and to me they seem on the large side.. ithought silkies were bantams, but these guys are standard size

7. Chambertin

Chambertin Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2012
    Funabashi Japan
    My Coop
    Thank you so much for the name, I'll go from there.

The "Black Phoenix" (黑凤凰鸡) is what I have read to believe to be the original Silkie before it was bred down for size and cuteness.
    They were full sized and in most farms still are. They were used for medicine soups and the like. Therefore they need to be eating size but can be smaller than what you would normally want for family dinner.

My idea of big is 10 pounds or over.

EDIT:
    I forgot to add I am back home safe. Goooood to be back

Last edited: Sep 1, 2013
  8. Toast n Jelly

Toast n Jelly Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2007
    St.Charles, QC
    Welcome back!

9. ronott1

ronott1 Daily Digest Guru Premium Member Project Manager

Mar 31, 2011
    Woodland, California
    My Coop
    I am so happy that you made is back safely!

10. Beekissed

Beekissed True BYC Addict

[​IMG] Welcome home!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by