Processing Day Support Group ~ HELP us through the Emotions PLEASE!

Ron or anyone else, do you know of/have a video of using the pipe cutters to decapitate? Bad time to ask since I'm doing it tomorrow if I can manage to pull my cowboy pants on.

You will do fine. The first time is extremely nerve wracking but it gets better over time.

We did our Thanksgiving turkey today. He was a heritage Bourbon red tom from this spring. Dressed out at 15 lbs :)
Thanks. I have killed for mercy before but it's still tough each time I have to do it.

Nice! The Australorp on 'the list' is 'skinny chicken', as Ralphie would say.

P1290146.JPG

3.7 lbs dressed.

How did you kill?

Nice Job!

Was it hard to skin?
Pipe cutters. Went okay, CD is quicker for sure. Didn't help that he is probably the biggest bird I've owned yet and so didn't fit in the cutters as well as some might. In the future I might do the broomstick thing then decapitate. Skinning took a bit but it wasn't too tough.

Also, processing younger rather than at 7 months might help.

Pipe cutters. Went okay, CD is quicker for sure. Didn't help that he is probably the biggest bird I've owned yet and so didn't fit in the cutters as well as some might. In the future I might do the broomstick thing then decapitate. Skinning took a bit but it wasn't too tough.

Also, processing younger rather than at 7 months might help.
Thanks for the review!

3.7 pounds is a nice size. The thighs will be big and tasty at that age.

Back
Top Bottom