Processing Day Support Group ~ HELP us through the Emotions PLEASE!

They don't ask that anymore around these parts and the do not have paper as an option. That's for the conservation conscience areas of the world like California or NY.
big_smile.png
Now, the last place I lived had a small grocery store and they still had paper bags...really nice ones!
Save the world by adding plastic bags to land fills! I deep fry smaller Turkey, they need to be 18 lbs or smaller. I put them in a black plastic trash bag and fill it with wine sugar, salt and spices and let it sit for 3 days. comes out so good. I deep fry outside and wear a coat and gloves to be careful.

This is my pet peeve about paper. It is billed as an effort to conserve trees . . . . . but I never hear that thinking applied to corn fields or wheat fields and such like, The trees were planted to be harvested and ground into paper pulp. THe trees are carefully planted and tended for the many years of growth. THen harvested at the right time for use. IT is not like the ornamental in grandmas back yard was cut down for pulp . . .. ok rant over.

I want paper because it is natual and biodegradeable really biodegradable, not broken into tiny bits. Paper option is gone here. Only plastic. I hate it. I reuse it as many times as possiblebefore it is trashed, and then I reel guilty tossing it into the trash.
Exactly trees are grown in a management system so that each tree has a replacement growing in it's place. This is how they make money and have a constant supply of wood, but the plastic people have better PR. Corn is wasted by making ethanol to added to gas. This drives up the cost of food and feed. You can guess that the ethanol people must line the pockets of Washington.

But back on the thread. This years Bird is going to be a traditional one. Our Turkey got too big to fry. For some reason our raised birds take longer to cook than the store ones.I need to get up early and start it so we are not standing around like last year.

We are doing two turkeys this year. One will be deboned and ballantine with onions and potatoes inside and the other will be traditionally stuffed and baked as per usual.
You been watching that deboning video again, Bee??
lol.png

We are having.......wait for it.....CHICKEN!!! My son's request, and I just happen to have a couple in the freezer
hmm.png

gig.gif
Just happened to have some handy?
lol.png
Actually, one of my boys requested the boneless version and brought the turkey out for me to debone as a personal favor to him. I will indeed be watching the video again to brush up since the last time.

For those of us that only process a few at a time I saw that Bass Pro has a processing table with a sink in it. It folds up for storage. It was in the black friday flier for $49 I think. Not sure on how big the sink part is but to have running water handy would be nice.

http://www.basspro.com/Bass-Pro-Shops-Folding-Processing-Table/product/12081405323510/

Thanks for the info.
I looked at that table, it must be cheaper with your flyer. (I know my Harbor Freight flyer I get in the mail has better prices than the on line prices). The sink looks like it is maybe 10x15 and only about 3" deep. They have 2 tables with sinks. One is $60 and one is $100.

My neighbors gave me a double sink they aren't using and I was thinking about making a table and stand (out of free pallets) and inserting the sink into a hole in the pallets, and making a stainless steel top for cutting. (Or finding a cheap dresser or table at a second hand store or yard sale. Then putting the sink into that). We don't have a Bass Pro Shop anywhere near us.

Thanks for the info.
I looked at that table, it must be cheaper with your flyer. (I know my Harbor Freight flyer I get in the mail has better prices than the on line prices). The sink looks like it is maybe 10x15 and only about 3" deep. They have 2 tables with sinks. One is $60 and one is $100.

My neighbors gave me a double sink they aren't using and I was thinking about making a table and stand (out of free pallets) and inserting the sink into a hole in the pallets, and making a stainless steel top for cutting. (Or finding a cheap dresser or table at a second hand store or yard sale. Then putting the sink into that). We don't have a Bass Pro Shop anywhere near us.

I like your idea of a cheap dresser or table... but it would have to be made out of 'real' wood to work... veneer or plywood/particle board won't stand up to water exposure on a regular basis.
A table would be a great choice I think, as long as you had a good storage place for it... a table with a sturdy frame would work great for dropping a sink into, and would provide a decent work surface around it. Hope you find one, and post pics of what you work out so others can copy! LOL.

Thanks for the info.

It is a black Friday deal. We will be close to one on Friday so will be checking it out. I loved that this was a fold up and store when not in use option. I would love to have a real sink in my garage to have available all the time but not really an option at this point.

For those of us that only process a few at a time I saw that Bass Pro has a processing table with a sink in it. It folds up for storage. It was in the black friday flier for $49 I think. Not sure on how big the sink part is but to have running water handy would be nice.

http://www.basspro.com/Bass-Pro-Shops-Folding-Processing-Table/product/12081405323510/
Dang we just got a fold up table, argh. But we have close to 17 Jersey Giants to process Friday so we need the table. Ending our Jersey line because they grow slowly and they are not show quality and they started egg eating. It will be nice to have only 2 coops to tend and we have only 2 water heaters.

Back
Top Bottom