Processing Day Support Group ~ HELP us through the Emotions PLEASE!

I make things out of my head and never use a measure, too. My family will ask for the recipe and I will say a hand full of this or splash of that or "enough" of something else and they just roll thier eyes at me in exacerbation at me.

You forgot Glugs of oil.

I know what you are talking about!

I was asked how to cook a Briket and I said low and slow with whatever spices sounds good to you!
lau.gif

they made me come up with a recipe though....

Well today was the day. We processed 12 Jersey Giants but had to leave 6 hens alone because the plucker was stalling out and we ran out of time
somad.gif
The plucker is just over a year old with a brand new 3/4 hp motor..We got that table at Bass Pro and what a difference that made. I hooked the hose up to the basement sink and had warm water to clean birds. We have enough Chicken for some time so I may wait and see if the hens go back to laying with no egg eating.

Well today was the day. We processed 12 Jersey Giants but had to leave 6 hens alone because the plucker was stalling out and we ran out of time
somad.gif
The plucker is just over a year old with a brand new 3/4 hp motor..We got that table at Bass Pro and what a difference that made. I hooked the hose up to the basement sink and had warm water to clean birds. We have enough Chicken for some time so I may wait and see if the hens go back to laying with no egg eating.
thumbsup.gif
Good Job!

somad.gif
DH went to get me a table today and they were all out. Looks handy and I am really wanting one. Sorry about the plucker.

somad.gif
Way to go! Maybe the egg eater is headed for the freezer already. I like your sink/table. I would think it would really help.

since this is a processing thread, thought I would start here....Does anyone have a quick way to pluck a duck,,,I have a tub style plucker but still takes forever to go back over them by hand...tried the wax and that was just a mess...
water was at 160, is that to cold for duck?

Is it just the weather, do not remember having this much trouble with the batch I did over the summer.

Back
Top Bottom