Producer's Pride Sentinel Coop

househens

In the Brooder
Jun 15, 2021
Hi! I've searched the threads and haven't seen this particular one yet.

We have 2 chicks we got on May 6th. They'll be moving outside soon (we live in California) & I bought the Producer's Pride Sentinel coop. They'll have a run too of course, and they already forage around our yard when we're outside, and we will also add some ventilation as I've seen in other posts here about that coop.

Anyway, does anyone have this coop and has an automatic coop door that fits? I'm looking at the Omlet/Eglu one since only a sliding style door seems like it'll work, but the measurements seem incompatible.

Attachments

• 20210607_153608.jpg
    20210607_153608.jpg
    448.5 KB · Views: 89
Oh yes, I am actually hoping the chickens can help with vegetation management along with our visiting goats. We live in a fire prone area, I hope the hens will eat fresh sprouts of annual grasses so they'll also get a chicken tractor suitable for our bumpy hill.

We need to add the vents to the coop-- I was reading about that on here. Predators are a huge concern so I want to get the vents right.

Yes! That's the one. I just saw it says Sentinel and the link says Mini Defender. Hoping someone here has tried it and found an automatic door for it! 🤞

We started with this coop when the chooks were babies. The only ventilation of this coop is the entrance, if you close the door, there won't be any air flow at all!

We leave the door open all the time even in winter, and open the two side doors in the summer and make them into two windows covered with hardware cloth.

Our sentinal coop is connected to an 8x8x8 run (also connected to another coop with a corridor), but we closed the run every night.

Back
Top Bottom