Production Blues and BLRW sex

LikeTurkeys

Crowing
5 Years
Jul 25, 2018
Southern California
Hi all!
These chicks are 5 weeks old now and some are developing large comb and wattles, with a lot of red in them for their age too. I'm worried I have three cockerels, which if so would make a 30% male ratio out of a sexed chick bin! The first two are Production Blues, the last is a Blue Laced Red Wyandotte.
First suspect (Production Blue "Integral"):
IMG_4441.JPG

IMG_4454.JPG

Second suspect (Production Blue "Derivative"):
IMG_4450.JPG
IMG_4434.JPG

And finally, the Blue Laced Red Wyandotte "Blue Bird" or just Blue.
IMG_4420.JPG
IMG_4431.JPG

Thanks!

I have two Sapphire Gems that looked just like the two first “production blues” and they developed pretty quickly as well wattles & combwise I thought for sure at least one had to be a rooster but she ended up being a girl they were both even the first of my 12 (various breeds) to lay eggs. i really think your 2nd is a girl and the first as well. I have a GLW so I believe the The Wyandotte looks like a girl also!

I'm not familiar with production blues, but I would guess those are males too, but give them time. The Wyandotte looks like a pullet to me.
Thanks! I'll be glad if the Wyandotte is female.
I have two Sapphire Gems that looked just like the two first “production blues” and they developed pretty quickly as well wattles & combwise I thought for sure at least one had to be a rooster but she ended up being a girl they were both even the first of my 12 (various breeds) to lay eggs. i really think your 2nd is a girl and the first as well. I have a GLW so I believe the The Wyandotte looks like a girl also!
Well, that would be really great if so!

Okay, here they are again in the same order at 8 weeks old:
First suspect, Production Blue "Derivative":
IMG_4576.JPG

IMG_4599.JPG

(The lighting in second picture is not very good, makes his feathers look black, but it's the same chicken).

Second suspect, Production Blue "Integral":
IMG_4593.JPG
IMG_4603.JPG

And finally, third suspect, Blue Laced Red Wyandotte "Bluebird":
IMG_4600.JPG
IMG_4607.JPG

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom