Production Red Chickens will not lay!**PICTURES ON PAGE 2**

I have a 7 watt light in all of my coops so they have a little light 24/7. I guess it's enough light as they lay all year long except when they are in molt or want to be broody.

I would go with a little bit of stress from the change in environment. When I bought my RIRs, it took a good 2 weeks for them to get back on to their laying schedules! Give them some time, and I'm sure they'll start back up. Otherwise, look around real good! Easter Egg hunt!

My Tetra is laying in the boxes....... I let them free range a few hours a day now, they look very healthy. I have about 20 other laying hens I am also getting 0-1 eggs a day from the twenty. I will try to post some pictures of the Production reds tommorrow.

These are the pictures of the production reds.

109022_178.jpg

109022_176.jpg

Are you sure about their age? You said you recently bought them - could they be older ( or younger) than 25 weeks? The first hen looks to have a small comb and wattles - could she be too young (or old) to lay? The second looks to have larger and redder comb and wattles, so to me she looks like she is the most likely one to begin laying. I have 2 production reds who are about 2 1/2 years old, and both layed right through last winter, without any additional lighting, so I know they are capable of laying through the dark days. I can't tell much more from looking at their pictures - I'm fairly new to chickens. Pretty hens, BTW
smile.png

Oops -I read through your thread and it looks like they were laying but have stopped. In that case, I don't have any guesses - sorry
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom