Production Reds?

Mahonri, I wouldn't be surprised in the least. When looked at side by side, you can definitely tell a difference between the two. In all honesty, in my eyes, a RIR and a Production Red seem like two entirely different breeds.

That being said...I do love the personalities of the production red as much as those of RIRs.

McMurray hatchery says their RIR's are of the "production variety." I didn't like their personality, as all 5 that I got were picking on the rest. There was no peace in the hen house when they were there. I sold them before they started laying, so I don't know how wonderful their production will be. I didn't like them at all!

I've heard real RIR's have lovely, laid-back personalities. I want to get me some of those.

A production red is a Hybrid bird.They are not red sexlinks or for short production rir,(which is just a name for them),and a production red is a pure brown bird.Occasionally white or even black feathering,but the difference from a RIR and a pr ,is the PR isn't as good as a layer.The proper way to say a Newhampshire is,Newhampshire,no red.The difference it has from a PR AND RIR is,it was only bred with rhodies bloof ONLY.

Back
Top Bottom