Production Reds

Has anyone else ever seen this in their Production Reds? I'm not sure if it is a double spur, or a spur split. Don't even know where else this should be posted to ask.

will be interesting to see what color her egg will be

Both hens if this breeding lay green eggs one is a little more olive than the other.

I have offspring from them from my Naked Neck rooster not sure that they are going to Kay a green egg though they the most if them came out with single combs. It will be a wait and see game.

Production reds are hard to tell from a rsl,I think.
Agreed,not really a breed,own opinion.

I have 3 sweet hens.Great layers!

Production reds are hard to tell from a rsl,I think.
Agreed,not really a breed,own opinion.

I have 3 sweet hens.Great layers!

Not so hard to tell the red sexlink from a production red.

Red Sexlinks have white in the tail and white underwear.

A Production Red on the other hand is solid red. There have been on occasion a stray white feather in them but its usually in the wk g feathers hf any at all.

Don't forget,a pr also is bred with leghorn to increase egg production,so normally,they have white feathers.

Don't forget,a pr also is bred with leghorn to increase egg production,so normally,they have white feathers.

Myth. Where are you getting the information. If crossed with leghorn they would be white with black spots in them,

I've owned too many PR'a. Never had a white one.

The increased egg production comes from the"hybrid" cross. When you cross any two breeds "normally" increases the production.

An example of something crossed with Leghorn would be the Australia White. Look them up. Cackle Hatchery has them.

Even the Red Sexlinks isn't crossed with Leghorn.

I just wanted to clear this up.

Production reds are a simple hybrid.Red sex links are not,and will never be part production hen,unless genes etc change somehow (starting that this season,not gonna happen).
Red sex links are more recognized as "a Hybrid".Some.people think Rhode Island Reds are Production reds,when it's actually two different breeds.The production red is not a true breed,but it has its true colors,and egg color.The production red has up to 3 breeds or extra.

Since the New Hampshire is made with Rhorislands blood stream,only,I can't explain that exactly....

I just wanted to clear this up.

Production reds are a simple hybrid.Red sex links are not,and will never be part production hen,unless genes etc change somehow (starting that this season,not gonna happen).
Red sex links are more recognized as "a Hybrid".Some.people think Rhode Island Reds are Production reds,when it's actually two different breeds.The production red is not a true breed,but it has its true colors,and egg color.The production red has up to 3 breeds or extra.

Since the New Hampshire is made with Rhorislands blood stream,only,I can't explain that exactly....

Nope. Production Red is a simple cross of Rhode Island Red frosted over New Hampshire Hen.

Cherry Egger is a simple cross of New Hampshire rooster over Rhode Island Red hens.

Simple cross, that's it.

I think these are production red. Can anyone tell me what gender they might be. Any help would be appreciated

Back
Top Bottom