Progress on The Chicken Garden

FrontPorchIndiana

Songster
11 Years
Mar 8, 2008
Indiana
Since we have super-duper, fast-growing Hawkeye-babies-on-steroids from Speckledhen we've had to start busting our tails on getting the hen house finished.
gig.gif
I mean we knew chickens grew fast but these guys aren't even three weeks old yet and are almost fully feathered out and want to go outside.
ep.gif

So we've been painting, installing windows and doors, installed the vinyl floor and insulation and have started adding the exterior trim. Still have a long way to go but at least it's starting to look like something. Tonight we have to take a break and build them a bigger brooder before they get so big they can't turn around in the one they have.
D.gif

DSC_4677.jpg

DSC_4682.jpg

DSC_4683.jpg

The old windows and doors were all from the original house on our property that was torn down 100 years ago. They are literally rough around the edges. I think it gives the whole thing some character even though it wasn't any fun trying to install them during a windstorm Saturday.

The old windows and door give your coop a rustic, farmland character (the red and white paint helps, too!). I really like it!

I'm looking forward to pictures of the finished coop! ^_^

Back
Top Bottom