Project Ameraucana Questions

ColtHandorf

🙄🤚 Sass Master
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
Feb 19, 2019
Klondike, Texas
So a close friend of mine has the opportunity to get some Lavender and Lavender Cuckoo Ameraucanas from a breeder. I'll post the pictures he sent me of the adult birds and eggs momentarily. Their legs are white. He wants to know if breeding them to his Black Ameraucana can correct the leg color. I'm pretty sure I can tell him what will happen pattern wise, but I want to double check. Anyone with a brain more genetically minded than mine, please help out. @Amer @The Moonshiner @nicalandia

DA1F45E3-176A-433F-B17E-005C72606819.jpeg
890119D1-211E-44AF-8FE8-B1E820FA7AB0.jpeg
13FE4369-3FFD-428C-B934-2825009315A3.jpeg
D3D431FD-0AE5-4C3E-A04D-D13327B2DDA0.jpeg

I should also note that it is my impression (and I could be completely wrong) that some feather patterns don't allow for certain leg colors which is why the Ameraucana breeders that have tried to introduce new colors and feather patterns have had such an issue with leg color. Is that correct?

I should also note that it is my impression (and I could be completely wrong) that some feather patterns don't allow for certain leg colors which is why the Ameraucana breeders that have tried to introduce new colors and feather patterns have had such an issue with leg color. Is that correct?
I believe that’s the reason cuckoo ameraucanas are so hard to breed correctly.
Also, if you weren’t aware, the picture before the eggs is a blue cuckoo.

So a close friend of mine has the opportunity to get some Lavender and Lavender Cuckoo Ameraucanas from a breeder. I'll post the pictures he sent me of the adult birds and eggs momentarily. Their legs are white. He wants to know if breeding them to his Black Ameraucana can correct the leg color. I'm pretty sure I can tell him what will happen pattern wise, but I want to double check. Anyone with a brain more genetically minded than mine, please help out. @Amer @The Moonshiner @nicalandia
For pattern, there would be cuckoos and blacks, all split to lavender. In the case of the blue cuckoo, there would be blues, blacks, blue cuckoos, and (black) cuckoos.

Back
Top Bottom