Prolapse eggbound no opening

Sorry for your loss, but thank you for this thread. I'm in your shoes right now. One of my first time layers vent looked exactly like your Ducky's.

We found out about this today, but I think it happened yesterday. We gave her bath and tried to take the egg out, but the shell was already broken. Whole uterus out... :(

I managed to drive her to the vet where they gave her painkillers and she stayed with them for ultrasound scan and surgery (if viable at all)...

I just started my account on this forum - didn't know posting about such terrible problem will be my first thing to do here :(

Sorry for your loss, but thank you for this thread. I'm in your shoes right now. One of my first time layers vent looked exactly like your Ducky's.

We found out about this today, but I think it happened yesterday. We gave her bath and tried to take the egg out, but the shell was already broken. Whole uterus out... :(

I managed to drive her to the vet where they gave her painkillers and she stayed with them for ultrasound scan and surgery (if viable at all)...

I just started my account on this forum - didn't know posting about such terrible problem will be my first thing to do here :(
I started my account to make that post too. I’m so sorry that you are dealing with this it’s heartbreaking. I hope that because you got her to the vet sooner than we did, that she will make a full recovery. Please keep me posted. I’m keeping my fingers crossed for your girl💜

I started my account week ago with no particular reason. Just because I was reading this forum long enough I felt it's about time I register :)

Well, I have some good news. They called me from the clinic and said she is alive and surgery went well. She should be back home tomorrow.

I don't think I will let her back with the flock for few days. Have to make sure there will be no problems with next egg and no bleeding or whatever...

Interesting thing is they said it was very rare condition. She just did not develop a "hole" to let the egg out of the egg duct into the cloaca/vent. I guess she's special ;)

Wow! Glad she's doing well, and hope it all goes well from here. Glad they could help. You may want to discuss a suprelorin implant, in case she has difficulties in the future, to stop her laying. Hopefully she won't need it.

I started my account week ago with no particular reason. Just because I was reading this forum long enough I felt it's about time I register :)

Well, I have some good news. They called me from the clinic and said she is alive and surgery went well. She should be back home tomorrow.

I don't think I will let her back with the flock for few days. Have to make sure there will be no problems with next egg and no bleeding or whatever...

Interesting thing is they said it was very rare condition. She just did not develop a "hole" to let the egg out of the egg duct into the cloaca/vent. I guess she's special ;)
I’m so happy she’s doing well, and that you got her to the vet on time!!!

Back
Top Bottom