Prolapse in quail, again! Help PLEASE!

How is she now?
Was just about to update. Pretty much the same, prolapsed after pooping, eggs have tiny bit of blood on them. Still laying in the dark, so is her friend. I give her an Epsom salt soak in the morning, replace the tissue as many times as possible throughout the day, and apply a good amount of anti-inflammatory cream after. She is also supplied with oyster grit & electrolyte water.

It’s dark all day long in the box in the garage, although sometimes a little light gets through a few minutes a day. Both quail seem to be able to locate food and water and have full crops at the end of the day.

She was prolapsed at around 5:00, a bit later she wasn’t! And after that, she laid a bloody egg, but didn’t prolapse! I hope this means she is on the mend. Today was super gloomy and dark and I am praying that her biological calendar finally realizes it’s winter.
D476E793-BCFC-40EB-BD12-119F17497562.jpeg
4515AF45-0960-4AB7-86F7-17E8D48CC8BE.jpeg

She was prolapsed at around 5:00, a bit later she wasn’t! And after that, she laid a bloody egg, but didn’t prolapse! I hope this means she is on the mend. Today was super gloomy and dark and I am praying that her biological calendar finally realizes it’s winter.View attachment 2421524View attachment 2421525

That's probably a good sign. I hope she continues to improve :fl

Oh dear,that does sound bad. I hope she gets better. My last prolapsed case stopped in 3 days.
She’s still eating and drinking, though, and quite chatty. The tissue is also less red and seems to slip back in easier. I just don’t know when the laying will stop.

That really good + I'm glad. Its when they act ill when thing get more dangerous. Keep us updated. What are you feeding her?

That really good + I'm glad. Its when they act ill when thing get more dangerous. Keep us updated. What are you feeding her?
I feed her 20% gamebird breeder. I want to make sure she can lay eggs with a good shell, so it has 3% calcium and she has oyster shell constantly available. She also gets a small mealworm as reward after her procedures.

Back
Top Bottom