Prolapse? Please help!!! Never dealt w it before!

Here is an article that show how to give the medication:
Safely Administering Oral Medications to All Poultry and Waterfowl

How to Safely Administer Oral Medications to Poultry and Waterfowl Many medications are more effective when given orally instead of in the water, especially when a bird is ill because an ill bird is unlikely to drink enough medicated water. The oral administration of liquid medications in...

Here is an article that show how to give the medication:

How to Safely Administer Oral Medications to Poultry and Waterfowl Many medications are more effective when given orally instead of in the water, especially when a bird is ill because an ill bird is unlikely to drink enough medicated water. The oral administration of liquid medications in...
Oh thank you! I nearly aspirated one of my girls a few months ago before I knew how to properly administer the meds.

Hi,

While outside with the girls, I noticed the RIR I've posted about had a very purple end of comb, and was holding herself oddly. She's usually looking very fluffy around her butt, but it looks pinched in. Could she be egg bound? I can't get pics rn, but I will ASAP.

I put a gloved, lubricated finger in her vent, which was open, puckering, and lower on her backside than usual, but she struggled too much for me to feel if she had an egg. Please help!! @Eggcessive @Overo Mare @azygous @Wyorp Rock

No egg, but I think she may have mild prolapse. She laid a HUGE egg this morning- never has laid an egg that big before. Her vent also looks VERY swollen.
How is she doing now?
I'm sure it's fine to de-worm her, but personally I would leave her alone.

If she laid a larger than normal egg this morning, she may have been a little stressed afterward.
If you stop and watch a chicken poop or even lay an egg - their vent does sometimes protrude momentarily - it's normal.

Watch to see if she's eating/drinking and active.

How is she doing now?
I'm sure it's fine to de-worm her, but personally I would leave her alone.

If she laid a larger than normal egg this morning, she may have been a little stressed afterward.
If you stop and watch a chicken poop or even lay an egg - their vent does sometimes protrude momentarily - it's normal.

Watch to see if she's eating/drinking and active.
Hey! Sorry I missed this. She's doing a little better, not vocalizing but I wormed her this morning. She is eating and drinking, and walking around with the others.

Back
Top Bottom