Prolapsed Hen

I just found my EE and she is this way it really has me worried. I read on here about the sugar so Iam going to try it Iam going to keep my fingers crossed.

When my NHR had a prolasped oviduct, I put Preperation H on it. I used gloves, of course. It got better,and she is 100% Healthy now!

I just found my EE and she is this way it really has me worried. I read on here about the sugar so Iam going to try it Iam going to keep my fingers crossed.

When my NHR had a prolasped oviduct, I put Preperation H on it. I used gloves, of course. It got better,and she is 100% Healthy now!
Honey is much better than the sugar. sugar has a higher acid content to it and can cause more inflamation than honey. What I did with my goose was use KY jelly and a 400IU capsule of Vitamin E. I just put a little of the KY on the glove andthen squirted the contents of the cap on top and put it on her vent. If you look at the ingredients of Preperation H you will see that the vitamin E is one of the first ingredients. My goose was totally healed in 3 days after starting this treatment.

What are you using on the foot?

She has some bumble foot starting so I've been soaking her feet in Epsom salts. She's also on anti inflammatory meds and antibiotics. Both of her feet are wrapped and padded. Seems to be getting better.

She has some bumble foot starting so I've been soaking her feet in Epsom salts. She's also on anti inflammatory meds and antibiotics. Both of her feet are wrapped and padded. Seems to be getting better.
Good to hear! Something I have in my medical supplies for my family and my animals is Iodex. The stuff is an old med but it is so good! I have to have my pharmicist order it for me but the jar lasts a long, long time. Since it obviously has betadine in it, it draws as well as kills infection. There's nothing in it that can hurt the animals even if the decided to eat it. Just a thought I wanted to share.

I had one of my hens (buff orpington- 9 months old) prolapse last week. I took her to a vet and she was able to fix the prolapse with a suture and it has held for several days. However, the chicken can't poop now...not sure if that was the initial problem. (graphic-warning --- there was a previous running of fluid out of the vent that has now subsided but she is unable to pass anything large out of her vent still.
I had the same issue with my 9 month old blue laced wyandotte. She prolapsed and the vet sutured her twice . She seemed to do great for about a week and could poop very well but after a week she became egg bound as she couldn't pass an egg and prolapsed again adn we had to do the humane thing and euthanize. Usually the vet will only have the suture in for a day and then cut it so the hicken can defecate. Sometimes there is also to much damage and swelling where the chicken will not be able to defecate no matter what. :(

Back
Top Bottom