Prolapsed penis in call drake

MisaF

Songster
5 Years
Jul 25, 2018
Montgomery, NY
7F5BED4A-BB4E-46CC-8C9F-34FC2D1397FB.jpeg

Noticed this today. This is my call duck drake. Is there anything I should be doing? I saw some posts about letting him soak in warm water. I am going to try that and try to maybe spray it with vetrimycin but basically what I need to know is if this needs the vet ASAP or if I should give it a few days.

Any other treatment advice?

Thank you!!

I did! I guess I'm trying to get some feedback on how bad this particular case looks (something I can treat myself or something we need an emergency vet visit for). So far I have soaked him in some warm water. Sprayed him with vetrimycin and gentled tried to get his bits back inside which I was able to do and they stay for a short time and then they come back out again.

I attempted to pull it out and he was not having any of it and I cannot say I blame him. :) I'm going to see how he looks in the morning and call the vet. He's inside now on clean shavings.

Lt Tiny Duck had to have his bits pushed back in and needed a few stitches to keep it where it belonged. By the time I got him back home it escaped again. 🤦‍♀️ So back to the vet we went to have the stitches tightened a little bit. He’s on anti inflammatory meds and has to go back in 10-14 days to remove the stitches. He’s also not allowed to hang with any of the ladies for 10-14 days. I learned a lot about duck penis today. More than I had wanted to. As you can see the second trip and the sedation made for a sleepy guy

Thanks for all the advice! Cross your fingers and hope the bits stay where they need to!
8A3CD7BA-2036-4633-9623-7B87C6BD8652.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom