Prolapsed vent and gleet

I agree, you did a brilliant job over that period of time and many would not have persevered so long. If it is a miracle, I think it is fair to say, you contributed greatly to effecting it. Keeping my fingers crossed that she doesn't have a relapse.

Glad to hear your story. We've been treating our Ro for a week. She's eating and drinking well, and a few days ago, we put her out into an enclosed area so that she could see her friends and pick at the ground. Hoping treatment starts to work soon.

Glad to hear your story. We've been treating our Ro for a week. She's eating and drinking well, and a few days ago, we put her out into an enclosed area so that she could see her friends and pick at the ground. Hoping treatment starts to work soon.
I hope you had a similar positive outcome!

Hey fellow chicken people!
Im having a similar problem with my silkie hen. I looked at her this AM and it looked like she had poop stuck to her bottom and feathers. She also looked a bit depressed. I picked her up and inspected her and the best description I can give is that it looks like she has part of a corn cob sticking out! ( sorry I didn't take a photo) I soaked her in warm water and a few "pieces" came off. I thought maybe it was poop that was stuck but it looks like it might be tissue. Could this be vent fleet or prolapse or a combination of both? I do plan on soaking her again, and I have vetrycin, vaseline and prep H at home. Where should I begin?
I was able to snap a couple photos last night

Attachments

• 20220407_191840.jpg
    20220407_191840.jpg
    522.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220407_191828.jpg
    20220407_191828.jpg
    326.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom