The yellow material may be yellow urates, normally the white in the droppings. Her lower belly or the bulge could be from swelling of internal laying or water belly. Does there seem to be any crusty material inside the vent, or do you feel any stuck solid droppings? I would offer some chilled coconut oil cut into tiny pieces, and offer her some to peck up to 2 tsp per day, in case of constipation. She may have either internal laying or another reproductive problem.

Does this look like a prolapsed vent? I feel like i have bought everything to treat it but i just can’t figure out what it is. I feel so bad for her and She’s breathing so heavy and she pushes so hard to poop and just yellow discharge comes out… i have been cleaning it and moisturizing it, as well as giving her probiotic water and calcium and D3. Please help. It’s been 2 days so i don’t think she is eggbound…
I will not be killing her .
She passed away… in my boyfriends arms today.

Sorry for your loss. I would try to either do a necropsy on her body, or have your state vet do one. That would give you an answer on what her problems were. If yellow fluid comes out when you open the belly, that is ascites (water belly.) Look at the liver, intestines, and oviduct especially. Take pictures if you do one to share here for opinions. Your state vet can do a thorough better necropsy. The body should arrive at the lab M-F during lab hours. Here is a list of state vets to contact:
https://www.metzerfarms.com/poultry-labs.html

Sorry for your loss. I would try to either do a necropsy on her body, or have your state vet do one. That would give you an answer on what her problems were. If yellow fluid comes out when you open the belly, that is ascites (water belly.) Look at the liver, intestines, and oviduct especially. Take pictures if you do one to share here for opinions. Your state vet can do a thorough better necropsy. The body should arrive at the lab M-F during lab hours. Here is a list of state vets to contact:
https://www.metzerfarms.com/poultry-labs.html
We don’t know of any here, and honestly we are very distraught and get queasy easily. I’m pretty confident she had a prolapsed vent and then got backed up with her fecal And that’s how she went. We just buried her

Back
Top Bottom