Props to the HovaBator Genesis 1588 w/automatic turner!

I went crazy too. I would be calling the factory back again and ask to speak to a tech.Ask the question again. That is not how my Genesis works. If I tap the down button, the temperature drops.

I didnt know that about too high of a humidity could damage the electronics. Interesting.

I pumped the humidity to 75 and I kinda think it may have been a bit too high... or not necessary.

I bought some chicks from a man sunday who has 2 Genesis... and he cranks the humidity to 85 for hatching. Unreal.

Hey... I have a great story to share... talk about unbelievable... I need one more picture... and then I will share it... probably not on this particular board...but maybe...

I would love to hear your story! I started talking to them and they responded! funny! I now have three out. The one that pipped first is 1/2 way zipped now 34 hours later! The one that pipped the wrong end has a small hole and is still alive! I told you this was driving me crazy! I am talking to eggs! LOL

I would love to hear your story! I started talking to them and they responded! funny! I now have three out. The one that pipped first is 1/2 way zipped now 34 hours later! The one that pipped the wrong end has a small hole and is still alive! I told you this was driving me crazy! I am talking to eggs! LOL

Check out the "Incubating And Hatching Eggs" board

You get frustrated just like me. You said you called the factory... did they tell you how they test the temp/hygrometers and they are accurate?

I have tested my 4 incubators using 2 of those temperature checking eggs at the same time. When the eggs were new late winter they read exactly the same.
I put the batteries in this week to use them and they are 1.1 degree different. One of the egg thermometers matches that incubator.

In my #2 Genesis, I have the incutherm temperature/hygrometer that I bought new this year. That incubator has a new replaced thermostat sent by the factory this winter.
The temperature of the incubator is reading .5 degree lower than the incutherm gauge.
The humidity in the incubator is 10% less than the incutherm gauge. THAT concerns me.

I had tested the incutherm gauge and 4 cheapo crappy accurite temp/hygrometer gauges using the salt method a few weeks ago. The incutherm gauge was perfect.
Maybe I better check it again.

I bought a incutherm and an incutherm plus.I layed them side by side and at times they where within a point of one another.At times they where 10 points different!!!
idunno.gif
Is there a way to test them? They show 98 degrees in my bator! I know that can't be correct. o.k I just had to add this hope its o.k to post on this thread! Easter egger eggs.next to a large egg.

Last edited:
I bought a incutherm and an incutherm plus.I layed them side by side and at times they where within a point of one another.At times they where 10 points different!!!
idunno.gif
Is there a way to test them? They show 98 degrees in my bator! I know that can't be correct. o.k I just had to add this hope its o.k to post on this thread! Easter egger eggs.next to a large egg.

idunno.gif
I am gonna shoooot myself!!! you bought both incutherms and both..while brand new are reading differently?

The egg thermometers I bought this winter...are now reading different temps.

I suggest you google for directions for testing the hygrometer with the salt and water and check them out. I had to leave my hygrometers in the bag of salt/water for a couple of days before some of them actually read 70% or 75% ... whatever the directions said.I will try to look it up for you.

I am gonna shoooot myself!!! you bought both incutherms and both..while brand new are reading differently?

The egg thermometers I bought this winter...are now reading different temps.

I suggest you google for directions for testing the hygrometer with the salt and water and check them out. I had to leave my hygrometers in the bag of salt/water for a couple of days before some of them actually read 70% or 75% ... whatever the directions said.I will try to look it up for you.

Both are reading different but some times they read the same! while they are sitting next to each other! The digital thermometer I tested with the ice water test! It was 1.5 degree higher reading was reading 102 which would be 100.5. So I run my bator at 102! So incutherm said 98 in same bator! 4 degrees different!

Hi,Could anyone Help me! I am getting ready to go into lock down sat. I am using one of my 1588 genesis as a hatcher.I took 6 readings center (98.3-98.5) front right (99.5-99.7) front left (98.0-98.1) Left back (98.0-98.3)right back (95.7-96.0) center back (96.1-96.3)! So how much should I raise temp? Or should I just not put any eggs in the back right side where the temps are so low! I used the spot check therm!
frow.gif

Back
Top Bottom