Pros and Cons of Ducks

The cute factor is the biggest pro for me! I have 4 Pekins, 2 call ducks, and I have 8 call duck eggs in the 'bator.

The con is they;re messy, especially if you're brooding them in the house.

I absolutely adore them though. I have both chickens and ducks!

Laurie

pics anyone???
big_smile.png

I don't have any con's yet, but mine are only 2weeks old. They are adorable!!! They are in right now with my chickens and the chickens will be scattering about but the ducks always keep an eye on me and watch. I also have 2-3week old Sebastapol goslings and they are too much fun, they come running over to see you and are constantly peeping to talk to you and I peep back at them and they stop and listen and then start peeping again. It's such fun, my teens take them out in the yard and walk around while the goslings follow them. I'll have to get pictures of them, haven't taken any for a while!!

I babysat my sister's ducklings for 2 weeks, and while they are ridiculously cute.... the mess is enough of a con that I will NEVER get ducks again. But that's just me.

Pros: They are ADORABLE! And hilarious! And they are so sweet
big_smile.png

Cons: Err.... They are a bit messy. But i put up with it cause i love mine! Heres a pic!

(Ive only posted a pic once before so here goes nothing)

rufustoni.jpg

Yay it worked!

The brown duck is a mallard. Shes Toni, the white is Rufus... Hes a pekin. I sooo love them
big_smile.png

Last edited:
There is no downside to getting ducks!!

That's what you really wanted to hear anyways right DG? So go for it.
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom