pros/cons of duck food brand

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by lesander, Jul 29, 2013.

1. lesander

lesander Out Of The Brooder

Hey everyone, just starting out with muscovies, I live in a small town and there is only 1 kind of food available. Was wondering if anyone had opinions, or if it makes a huge difference as they free range all day anyway. Its Co-op otter brand.
    Crude protein 16%
    Crude fat 4%
    crude fibre 10%
    Sodium .16%
    Calcium 1%
    Phosphorus .60%
    Vit a min iu/kg 13500
    Vit d min iu/kg 5000
    Vit e 50
    I have 3 females that we are just keeping as pest management, pets and the occasional egg.
    I could travel to a different town and get some different food if anyone thinks this isn't the best for my girls...thanks

2. Shikoba70

Shikoba70 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 17, 2013
    I would think that was fine, when I was a kid mine were fed mixed corn and bread which is a rubbish diet but I didnt know any better and my dad said it was fine. I presume they were only fine because they free ranged

3. Going Quackers

Going Quackers Overrun With Chickens

May 24, 2011
    On, Canada
    Sounds okay, how old are they though? I have my ducks all on a 16% with the exception of my two youngest, which are almost 6wks and 8wks respectively, they are in transference to it.

4. lesander

lesander Out Of The Brooder

They are 6 1/2 week and 7 1/2 week old. The younger ones seem to be quite a bit skinnier through the breast area, compared to the one we just picked up which came from an actual farm- may be why she is heavier a lot more food around there.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by