PROTEIN!!!PROTEIN!!!PROTEIN!!! (Please)

Right there's the problem. By cutting your feed with the scratch grains you not only compromise the nutritional density of the feed you have cut the overall CP of their diet from the 16% -- which is a bare minimum for birds their age -- to only 11%. Stop cutting the feed with the scratch and the problem will remedy. If you want them to have scratch grains throw them out on the ground as a treat.

ok but i dont want to give them just pure layer correct? should i mix the starter/grower with layer​

Quote:
ok but i dont want to give them just pure layer correct? should i mix the starter/grower with layer

Why don't you want to give them straight layer. They are layers, are they not?

Why don't you want to give them straight layer. They are layers, are they not?

they are leghorns and rhode island reds, I have Red stars i will be adding when they are old enough. I just thought then they would have "blow outs" from laying so many eggs. I was giving them more layer to start with and my 12 leghorns were laying 12 eggs every day, no break or nothing.... I thought that might be to hard on them to make them lay that much.​

Quote:
they are leghorns and rhode island reds, I have Red stars i will be adding when they are old enough. I just thought then they would have "blow outs" from laying so many eggs. I was giving them more layer to start with and my 12 leghorns were laying 12 eggs every day, no break or nothing.... I thought that might be to hard on them to make them lay that much.

That's only bad for them if they aren't getting enough nutrition. I would say that daily egg was a good sign that they were getting what they needed.
wink.png

Quote:
they are leghorns and rhode island reds, I have Red stars i will be adding when they are old enough. I just thought then they would have "blow outs" from laying so many eggs. I was giving them more layer to start with and my 12 leghorns were laying 12 eggs every day, no break or nothing.... I thought that might be to hard on them to make them lay that much.

That's what their meant to do!! Be happy about it!!
smile.png

Missi

That's only bad for them if they aren't getting enough nutrition. I would say that daily egg was a good sign that they were getting what they needed.

thanks, i will have to try it for a while and see if it seem to help. maybe it will increase the egg quality again and chicken quality again, and maybe they wont eat as much if they get enough of the good stuff.​

Quote:
thanks, i will have to try it for a while and see if it seem to help. maybe it will increase the egg quality again and chicken quality again, and maybe they wont eat as much if they get enough of the good stuff.

Good idea!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom