Proud Cayuga owners!!!!

Congrats on the babies. I have always wanted a pond so it is part of my 5 year plan
fl.gif
Do you have any pointers when maintaining a pond for ducks (5 ducks at most)?

I am not positive on all the details but they are a bait fish that is silver in color and is usually larger than you standard minnow. You can purchase them at most bait & tackle stores. I am not sure what type of environment they need to survive though.

I am not positive on all the details but they are a bait fish that is silver in color and is usually larger than you standard minnow. You can purchase them at most bait & tackle stores. I am not sure what type of environment they need to survive though.
Thanks. For some reason there is a bait & tackle chop near me (I haven't checked it out), but no poultry feed stores or even pet stores that sell chicks or waterfowl.

I have a few questions about Cayugas as this is my first time seeing any and raising any. I say seeing because I've never seen any ducks like them before until I was ordering more ducklings and seen that they sold them. My first question is how on earth did everyone learn to stop drooling over their colors! Mine are 1 month old and are really starting to feather out and it seems everytime I look at them I just drool over how beautiful they are. Its rather kinda funny since I handle the ducklings more than my bf I notice all the small changes and I'll be like oh look at this one today doesn't it look cool pretty and he will look at it and be like looks the same as yesterday I just shake my head at him and walk away and say you just don't understand lol. My second question is do they all share green and blue sheen or will get some a mix some green and some blue? Thanks in advance for any information.

Oh, I don't think you ever get over how pretty they are!

Mine all shimmer those colors....look closer, you will also see purple in the sheen!

Depending on how well they are bathing...they can shimmer less or more...but they have yet to stop showing me all their lovely colors!
love.gif

Well I'm deff not over it yet. I love showing off their colors! I sorta see the purple I'm sure I'll see it better after there next "bath" their colors always show more after bath time. I do love the colors such beautiful birds!

Back
Top Bottom