Proud new chicken owner

jason1219

Hatching
6 Years
Apr 8, 2013
Slidell, La
Been a member on here since 2013 since I was always interested in having my own chickens and now today finally got my 1st chicks. Went to the local feed store and picked out 4 baby hens, RI Red, barred Plymouth Rock, black sex link, and a golden comet all about a week to 2 weeks old. Very excited to watch these girls grow and supply my family with fresh eggs. I am open to any and all tips since I am new to this. Glad to be apart of the community and hope to hear from fellow chicken owners.

Hi and a warm welcome to BYC - great to hear that you have finally got your chicks! Whilst you have been a member for a while, and i am sure you have done so in the past, the Learning Centre and your state thread are good sources of information to help you along the way. Reading is very different from experience, so if you need any help, don't hesitate the post - we like to help each other out.

All the best
CT

NIce to meet you Jason, glad you joined the BYC flock. Have you ever checked out your state thread? Just put the name in the search box and it will come up.

Congrats on finally getting your chicks!! I'm glad you joined us
smile.png

welcome-byc.gif

Congratulations on getting your chicks, you should get plenty of eggs once they are old enough to lay. If you have any questions feel free to ask. Also, the Search feature is very helpful finding information (upper left, under the logo).

It's nice to have you here!

Thanks everyone! I'll be sure to post any questions I have and check out my state thread. Really glad I can be apart of the community.

Thanks for the warm welcome bantamfan4life and nickyknack glad I can be apart of this community I've only had my chicks for a little over 24hrs and I already love them, the kids and wife are also enjoying them.

Back
Top Bottom