Proud to announce: Official Team BYC on Etsy

if you are refering to me, thank you.

big_smile.png

itsy- just checked out your shop. Your pictures are amazing!

It will take time for sales to happen. You need to make sure you read about Google SEO and check out all of the Etsy help links. The items that sell are ones with really great photographs. It helps to have them with a crisp white background and nothing else. The correct titles and search tags make a difference. Etsy has several articles on this.

Photos themselves are a difficult thing to move on there.

If anyone needs help, please let me know. I'm certainly no expert, but I'm making my way :)

Speaking of sales, I'm doing a happy dance! Two skeins of my handspun yarn just sold. I'm actually kinda sad to see one of them go - I liked the photo. :(

Ok fellow Etsians, since I can't discuss this in the Etsy forums, how do you deal with negative feedback? Someone (I don't think it was any of you) bought a set of coasters earlier this year, I shipped and then I see on Paypal that she opened a case saying she never received it. I checked on Etsy and she had opened a case there too. The emails from Etsy went to my spam, so I never saw them. Anyway, I reshipped another set, got Paypal released and Etsy to reopen my shop. She left me negative feedback. I've had a whole two or three sales, and she's the only one who's left feedback... I have two positives, but that's from purchases, so gives me a 67% rating. Ugh. I tried the "kiss & make up" feature, but she won't respond. I can still leave feedback for her... but am hesitant to. Since my sales are so low, I'm afraid this is going to scare away future customers, especially since I can't comment on the feedback (something I hope Etsy changes soon!). Advice? Suggestions?

There is a "kiss and make up" feature on Etsy, where if you made the transaction right - the buyer can rescind the negative feedback. I haven't had to use it ::knock on wood:: so I couldn't tell you where that button is, but I would contact Etsy support if I were you and explain the situation and let them know that you would like to do the "kiss and make up" option, because the customer is satisfied now.

Ok fellow Etsians, since I can't discuss this in the Etsy forums, how do you deal with negative feedback? Someone (I don't think it was any of you) bought a set of coasters earlier this year, I shipped and then I see on Paypal that she opened a case saying she never received it. I checked on Etsy and she had opened a case there too. The emails from Etsy went to my spam, so I never saw them. Anyway, I reshipped another set, got Paypal released and Etsy to reopen my shop. She left me negative feedback. I've had a whole two or three sales, and she's the only one who's left feedback... I have two positives, but that's from purchases, so gives me a 67% rating. Ugh. I tried the "kiss & make up" feature, but she won't respond. I can still leave feedback for her... but am hesitant to. Since my sales are so low, I'm afraid this is going to scare away future customers, especially since I can't comment on the feedback (something I hope Etsy changes soon!). Advice? Suggestions?

My next step would be writing to Etsy. I've heard of cases of negative feedback being wiped out by them once they know that the seller "made right" by the buyer.

It's kind of scary in a way when you sell on there because of feedback concerns.

Back
Top Bottom