Pubreds vs Mutts Which would you rather have the most of?

Which would you rather have?

• Purebreds

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mutts

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I can't vote because I like them both! I love my Buff Orphs, Barred Rocks, White Leghorns, etc, but I also have the sweetest, and very pretty mutts.
smile.png

I can't vote--I love both and can't choose! I like purebreds because you know what size and temperament they're going to be, but I love the surprises of raising mutts. Mutts can also be really beautiful because of the interesting mixes. Both are wonderful!

I only have purebreds because I just started my flock this past year. However, I've decided that I don't like to have too many of the same breed because they're hard to tell apart. I think that in the long run, I'm going to like the "mutts" better for that same reason. I just really like variety in all things. Chickens are no different in that. This spring, I'm going to be ordering 1 or 2 each of several breeds. I'm trying to get all different shades of eggs in my basket
smile.png

I adore my MBCs (Mixed Breed Chicken).

I love how politically correct your answer is, Cynthia.
lol.png

I choose Purebreeds, because I dont think I could live without my EE's

Aren't EEs are cross between two breeds?
wink.png

My answer.... I like them both, too. I only have two "mutts" right now though they are a cross between a RIR roo and a Leghorn hen- I had a lot more but sold all but these two pullets. One is white and one is black/gold. They are both very sweet and pretty, can't wait until they start laying. Oh and I also have 3 EE so I guess those are technically mutts too.
smile.png

See that, Both, should have been one of the choices. Because I too, like BOTH. And the fourth one - a breed in development - Sizzles. So I have purebred birds, mutts and a breed in development. Love them all. Each for a different thing.

Quote:
gig.gif

Oh I like them both. Right now I have a variety of purebreds, but in 2010 I should get lots of little mutts running around. I'm looking forward to seeing what the different crosses look like!

Back
Top Bottom