Pubreds vs Mutts Which would you rather have the most of?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by M To The Maxx, Dec 31, 2009.

1. Purebreds

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Mutts

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    Which would you rather have the most of? Pubreds or Mutts? I would rather have mutts because I like all the colors that are mixed in to one bird. Do not tell my purebreds that though. [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 31, 2009
  2. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    I'm not sure. Pure chickens are wonderful but mutts are too! And Seramas are in between because they're pure but hatch in all colors! No idea.

3. GraceAK

GraceAK Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2009
    Eagle River, AK
    I want purebreads so I can make my own mutts [​IMG] They all kinda have to be bare legged and partridge though. Im getting black, EE, and barred chicks soon. Shoulda gotten more partridge... [​IMG]

4. Kennyog

Kennyog Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2009
    Oak Grove
    Can't vote, i like both.But i will say this, some of the prettiest roosters that i have ever seen were "mutts".

Last edited: Dec 31, 2009
  5. hollandmum

hollandmum Out Of The Brooder

May 14, 2009
    Chardon
    I LOVE my mutts - because - each one looks unique and we can tell them apart by apprearance and personality. I have 3 mutts, 2 Black Astralorps, and 4 EEs. My kids have claimed the mutts as they know who is who.

BTW - all seem to lay at about the same rate - and our skinniest little banty mix lays HUGE [email protected]!

6. Luvducks

Luvducks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    Colorado
    Like ALL the posts above say!!!!!! Love Mutts and Pure.

7. americana-chick

americana-chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    I picked pure breds because if you sell them you can usually make more of a profit but in the longrun i love all chickens!

8. Bock_Bock

Bock_Bock Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2008
    Hayward, Ca
    i like getting mutt eggs to hatch as you never know what can be thrown out and what they will end up looking like

9. ajablu

ajablu Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2008
    Northeast, PA
    I could not choose. I love many purebred chickens and Orps are a big favorite, but I have a couple really pretty mutts that are sweet, good layers and I would not trade them for any purebred . I love all chickens!

10. TK Poultry

TK Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Greencastle, Indiana
    well hmmmm thats a hard choice if someone told me i had to sell everything but one breed of chicken i think i would pick my EE's b/c they are kind of like LF seramas

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by