Pudster the chicken and fowl protector!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by WriterofWords, Oct 18, 2008.

1. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    This is Pudster, he moved in several months ago outside and earns his keep by guarding the birds. He has run off Hawks, Roadrunners, Owls, and many other animals. He took on a rattlesnake, he was almost bitten, but he got it out of the yard. Unfortunately the birds don't appreciate him much and pick on him a lot. They grab his tail, steal his food, and peck him when he's asleep in the sun. He's never attacked any of them, I've only seen him swat one roo that went after his mashed potatos and that was Nugget.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Puddy in the sun, I love this cat dearly:
    [​IMG]

2. chantecler

chantecler Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2008
    Moncton New Brunswick
    Cute Kitty! [​IMG]

3. the1much

the1much Currently Birdless Hippy

i had 5 "refugees" like yours move into my yard,,, they now sleep with the birds, protect ,, and eat all the doves that try to steal the chicks food lol ,, and they are GREAT mousers,, almost as good as the chickens [​IMG]

4. riderbecky

riderbecky Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2008
    Ottawa Valley
    That's wonderful! [​IMG] You are truly fortunate to have such a dedicated guardian cat adopt your family and take such good care of your chicken kids. [​IMG]

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I love kitties so much. We can't deal with any more animals right now, but we will have one one of these days! That cat is adorable.

6. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    He had a plump ring-neck dove for dinner this evening with a side of 9-lives Turkey and Giblets. Considering how much easier it would be to snack on baby duck and little chicks, I love that cat!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by