Puffed up duck

Anyone want a candling update??
caf.gif

So, I candled this morning and when I picked the egg up, it was really warm, so I know she was sitting on it. I took it into the dark garage and there are veins in the egg! It looks to be on day 4 or 5, but I'm not sure. I'm also wondering if she's meaning to brood, because at night they would always sleep in the nesting boxes on top of the eggs because I didn't collect them. If she is brooding, this will be my first!!! So exciting. I'll try to candle more tomorrow when it (hopefully) stops raining.

So, I candled this morning and when I picked the egg up, it was really warm, so I know she was sitting on it. I took it into the dark garage and there are veins in the egg! It looks to be on day 4 or 5, but I'm not sure. I'm also wondering if she's meaning to brood, because at night they would always sleep in the nesting boxes on top of the eggs because I didn't collect them. If she is brooding, this will be my first!!! So exciting. I'll try to candle more tomorrow when it (hopefully) stops raining.
thumbsup.gif

I went to feed all of the poultry just now and I checked on Franny (the broody). She was all wet from the rain and she got the eggs wet (for humidity I guess?). I pet her and she got up, so I felt the eggs and candled one again. It was developing. She was only sitting on 3, so I put 2 more in her nest. A minute later, she got back up on her nest :) I hope she'll actually hatch these ducklings, even though I have 17 eggs in the bator!!!

Yes, she's definitely broody!!! She went outside for around 5-20 minutes and I just went to see if she was back on the nest and she was tucking the straw around her on top of the eggs.

Back
Top Bottom