Puffed up sleepy chicken

SalChickenOwner

Chirping
Sep 25, 2020
Hello recently my hen has been just puffed up acting cold even though it's not. She is very sleepy the entire day, she eats well and drinks well. She also has been having some white diarrhea so I wanted to know what could possibly be wrong with her

She may be egg bound. Lubricate a gloved finger with Vaseline or something similar to check. This only works if the egg is lower down in the over duct. Create a steamy room and give her a Epson salts bath. Repeat this a few times. Hopefully this will help, good luck.

She may be egg bound. Lubricate a gloved finger with Vaseline or something similar to check. This only works if the egg is lower down in the over duct. Create a steamy room and give her a Epson salts bath. Repeat this a few times. Hopefully this will help, good luck.
That could be the case, she is also sleepy literally sleeping on me right now. Is that also a sign?

If a chicken was egg bound for two weeks, they'd be dead by now. Do you have any pictures of her droppings? Feel her crop in the morning - if it's full she may have a crop issue.
No poop pictures so far but it's sometimes white and runny or green and runny OR just solid. I dont feel anything in the crop, she pooped very big and firmish yesterday

Back
Top Bottom