Pullet acting strangely

CoffeyCoop4

Hatching
Apr 23, 2023
Hello!

I brought home a frizzle satin a few weeks ago. The rancher was unsure of her exact age, but suspected her to be about 5 months old- I think she may be younger based off her feathering.

On Friday I noticed she started walking oddly. She always races around the coop and is hard to catch. On this particular day, she flapped out of my hands (low to the ground) and ran off. Shortly after I noticed her walking in almost a crouching manner. A few normal steps, then she would crouch down. This has gone on through the weekend. If I call her over for grubs, she will run normally.

She is eating, drinking and pooping. No panting and other than the strange crouch walk- acting normal.

Do you think she sprained a leg? Could she be egg bound? There was a rather large egg laid the first week I brought her home that I suspected was hers. Photos attached of what her strange walk looks like.

Attachments

• 5B3DA5ED-3A63-4CB8-BEB0-38379B8E57F4.png
    5B3DA5ED-3A63-4CB8-BEB0-38379B8E57F4.png
    4 MB · Views: 19
  • 3D001C0D-E478-4688-B37A-CAFDC764C942.png
    3D001C0D-E478-4688-B37A-CAFDC764C942.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 4
  • 08FE1F46-A4B0-4DDB-91B5-B3CF42778E01.png
    08FE1F46-A4B0-4DDB-91B5-B3CF42778E01.png
    4 MB · Views: 4
It could be sprained or there could possibly be a riboflavin (vitamin B2) deficiency. Human super B complex vitamins are good, and a tablet can be crushed in a spoonful of water. Give a few drops in her beak, and in her food daily. Make sure the others do not bully or pick on her while she is recovering.

It could be sprained or there could possibly be a riboflavin (vitamin B2) deficiency. Human super B complex vitamins are good, and a tablet can be crushed in a spoonful of water. Give a few drops in her beak, and in her food daily. Make sure the others do not bully or pick on her while she is recovering.
Thank you! I just started all my girls on Rooster Booster yesterday so fingers crossed that’s all it is.

How’s she doing? One of mine is having the same issue
Sadly she just passed Saturday night. I’m suspecting she had reproductive issues because a few weeks after my initial post she laid 5 eggs in a row and was acting normal. Then she slowly started acting strange again. No squatting, but tail was down. She was not gaining weight and laid a fairy egg, then within a week went downhill very fast.

Back
Top Bottom