EMERGENCY Hen acting weird!

SalChickenOwner

Chirping
Sep 25, 2020
Hello all,

Today when I got home my hen has been acting very strange, she started waddling (walking like if something is bothering her in between her legs) she has been laying and has definitely played 10+ I have no idea what's wrong with her. Her comb has black tips and it is now floppy when it has always been pretty stable.

Attachments

• 20240226_145413.jpg
    20240226_145413.jpg
    411.5 KB · Views: 28
  • 20240226_145436.jpg
    20240226_145436.jpg
    838.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 20240226_145505.jpg
    20240226_145505.jpg
    387.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 20240226_145516.jpg
    20240226_145516.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 1
Browns layer booster daily diet chicken feed but I didn't give her it daily and the other one would be producers pride scratch grains
Quit the scratch grains completely. Feed nothing but the real feed. Scratch grains is not "natural chicken feed", it's junkfood for chickens, It’s not good for her.
it's low in essential nutrition like protein, calcium, vitamins and minerals and high in carbs and fat. It's like a steady diet of fries and candy.
She is likely struggling to lay an egg, she doesn't have the strength to lay it.
Do you have any tums or calcium citrate? You need to give her one to help her contractions. Let her go back to.the coop to lay her egg and check on her in an hour.
If she hasn't, we need try a few more things.

Quit the scratch grains completely. Feed nothing but the real feed. Scratch grains is not "natural chicken feed", it's junkfood for chickens, It’s not good for her.
it's low in essential nutrition like protein, calcium, vitamins and minerals and high in carbs and fat. It's like a steady diet of fries and candy.
She is likely struggling to lay an egg, she doesn't have the strength to lay it.
Do you have any tums or calcium citrate? You need to give her one to help her contractions. Let her go back to.the coop to lay her egg and check on her in an hour.
Ok i will, Do you mean antacid tums??

I also hatched 5 chicks from six of her eggs so they seem healthy

Back
Top Bottom