EMERGENCY Hen acting weird!

Laying hens should be fed layer feed (Producer's Pride sells it), all flock feed, or even a chick starter with crushed oyster shell on the side for calcium. Veggies and scratch and other treats should only be given occasionally.

I also hatched 5 chicks from six of her eggs so they seem healthy
They might seem healthy for a little while, but they will eventually go downhill fast on a diet of treats.

Laying hens should be fed layer feed (Producer's Pride sells it), all flock feed, or even a chick starter with crushed oyster shell on the side for calcium. Veggies and scratch and other treats should only be given occasionally.

They might seem healthy for a little while, but they will eventually go downhill fast on a diet of treats.
Ok so today she layed an egg and is now perfectly fine 😀 I'm going to work on her diet however

Ok so today she layed an egg and is now perfectly fine 😀 I'm going to work on her diet however
That's great to hear! She'll have an easier time laying eggs with more calcium in her diet. With access to a dish of crushed oyster shell she'll pick out what she needs. Do you provide grit as well for digestion?

Back
Top Bottom