Pullet cant move

Look at her vent. If you see it and thing 'an egg could go through that' then she is most likely laying. Does she squat for you?
None of my hens have ever squatted for me so I don't know. And her vent looks expanded like she's trying to lay which considering that it's 8 am is very likely.

This may sound strange, but cannyou insert a clean or gloved finger into her vent where she lays eggs, and feel for a stuck egg?. Can she move either leg? Was she vaccinated for Mareks disease? Sometimes being egg bound will cause a temporary lameness. She also could have suffered an injury. Mareks disease would also be a possibility. Do you have any rooster who might have injured her? What do you feed your chickens?
I put my finger in her vent and didn't feel an egg. She's still eating an drinking.

This may sound strange, but cannyou insert a clean or gloved finger into her vent where she lays eggs, and feel for a stuck egg?. Can she move either leg? Was she vaccinated for Mareks disease? Sometimes being egg bound will cause a temporary lameness. She also could have suffered an injury. Mareks disease would also be a possibility. Do you have any rooster who might have injured her? What do you feed your chickens?
I figured out that she has a vitamin B2 deficiency and feed her an egg. Whats the best way to go from here.

Does she have curled under toes or has she been sitting or walking on her hocks? Riboflavin or B2 is found in human vitamin B complex tablets, in beef liver or nutritional yeast, and in some chick vitamins. Other foods high in riboflavin are plain yogurt, salmon, scrambled egg, and mushrooms.

Does she have curled under toes or has she been sitting or walking on her hocks? Riboflavin or B2 is found in human vitamin B complex tablets, in beef liver or nutritional yeast, and in some chick vitamins. Other foods high in riboflavin are plain yogurt, salmon, scrambled egg, and mushrooms.
She's been doing both.

Back
Top Bottom