PULLET CAN'T WALK

flwerfrmer

Hatching
5 Years
Sep 20, 2014
Howard County, MD
I have a 2 month old Pullet that can't walk. She seems to have no control over her feet. It started with a limp then got progressively worse. She can't get to food or water but she still has a good appetite when I feed her.
She will try to walk but just flaps around and falls over. Her toes are always curled up. Any info would be great. I have one other pullet the same age and she is fine.

I have a 2 month old Pullet that can't walk. She seems to have no control over her feet. It started with a limp then got progressively worse. She can't get to food or water but she still has a good appetite when I feed her.
She will try to walk but just flaps around and falls over. Her toes are always curled up. Any info would be great. I have one other pullet the same age and she is fine.
She could have curled toe paralysis, which may also cause sitting on hocks or elbows, and is caused by a vitamin B2 or riboflavin deficiency. She also could be showing signs of Mareks disease. I would start her on a good poultry vitamin in her water containing riboflavin, and it would be good for the other chicks too. Don't use Poultry Nutri-Drench, as it contains no riboflavin. The kinds that are powder and added to water work well, such as Rooster Booster Vitamins with Lactobacillus which also contains probiotics. PolyVisol without iron 3 drops daily by mouth could also be used temporarily. Even a B Complex vitamin tablet dissolved in a gallon of water works temporarily.

Back
Top Bottom