Pullet Eggs - Wish she'd stop doing this.

Fred's Hens

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
9 Years
Have gotten far too many of these from the pullets called Golden Buffs (production reds) by Meyer. Haven't had one over a week, until today.
Ugh!!!! Believe it or not, this was not the largest.

69833_dscf3104.jpg

69833_dscf3102.jpg

69833_dscf3103.jpg

Wow. I have never had one at all. One double yolker last year out of 15 hens. I think it is Omelet Time! I'd like mine with bacon, cheese, onions, peppers and mushrooms please. Thanks.

Quote:
Actually, I kinda hate to see it. It does hurt them laying these large ones. Most of the hens plop their eggs quickly and without a peep, but when one of these comes, I can often tell. They stay in the box too long and you will hear whimpering and groaning. I don't like it, but there's little one can do.

Fred's Hens :

Quote:
Actually, I kinda hate to see it. It does hurt them laying these large ones. Most of the hens plop their eggs quickly and without a peep, but when one of these comes, I can often tell. They stay in the box too long and you will hear whimpering and groaning. I don't like it, but there's little one can do.

Exactly right. It ain't good for the hens, but there's not much you can do for it.​

It will stop in the 3rd month of laying. I know it was'nt easy for them to lay but always was eggcited to get 100 gram double yolkers. I had two pullets give doubles on a regular basis. Used them for sunny side up, perfectly covered the toast.

Back
Top Bottom